HUGUS FRUIT FARM CIDER PRESSING
Call 740-536-9590 to make an appointment for cider pressing.
CIDER PRESSING BASICS
Hugus Fruit Farm will custom press apples and/or pears for other commercial and backyard growers BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
A minimum of 10 bushels is strongly recommended. Fewer than 10 bushels will cost the Minimum Fee.
Our equipment generally presses four gallons of cider for every one bushel of apples and/or pears.
RULES & REGS (SSOPs)
Per current Federal and State requirements, Hugus Fruit Farm has written Standard Sanitary Operating Procedures that include the following:
- Fruit will be inspected before pressing. Only clean, sound fruit will be accepted. HFF will not press dirty or rotten fruit from any source for anyone.
- All fruit will be washed in a chlorine water wash before pressing.
- All cider will be treated with UltraViolet light before jugging to achieve the 5-log bacteria reduction mandated by federal law.
- Cider will be bottled only into clean, new jugs.
- Hair/beard covering (clean cap, hat, net) must be worn in the cider press room during cider processing and bottling.
EXPECTATIONS of CUSTOMER
Customers should plan to:
- Bring clean fruit.
- Bring and wear a clean cap/hat.
- Unload your fruit.
- Jug and load your cider.
- Pay the pressing fee.
- Enjoy your cider!
for 10 bu or more
$ 1.50 per gallon
$ .45 per jug
$ 1.95 Total/gal
for less than 10 bu
$60.00 for pressing
$ .45 per jug